Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One Month to Kickoff!!


For all of you (us) college football fans -- 31 days until the tailgate begins and the marching bands loudly declare -- bring it on!! And, our local high school teams begin practice this coming Monday, Aug. 4.

Okay -- so I'm from Nebraska, for the most part, at least enough to be a Cornhusker - GO BIG RED. But thanks to Dusty Nix, our veteran editorial page editor who bleeds blue and orange, I can be heard echoing WAR EAGLE from September to December. Unless of course, I'm hanging with my Nebraska buddies who live in Atlanta - who bleed HUSKER RED - then I tend to stutter. Like when the Tigers talked back to the Huskers 17-14 in the 2007 Cotton Bowl. But it was a 25-year payback (1982) - that's when Nebraska yawned its way past Auburn 41-7 at Jordan-Hare. It was a "train wreck," according to Dusty. "I couldn't stay for the embalming."

Now -- I'm all for the Bulldogs when they face any Florida team - and if I get to go to a bowl game.



(Insert favorite fight song here)
RT

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation